This Investment Policy Statement (IPS) is to establish a clear understanding of the investment goals, objectives, and management policies applicable to the Jewish Community Foundation of The West’s
This Investment Policy Statement Guidelines:
- Establishes the Investment Committee's expectations, objectives, and guidelines in the investment of the Portfolio's assets.
- Creates the framework for a well-diversified asset mix that can be expected to generate acceptable long-term returns at a level of risk suitable to the Investment Committee, including:
- Describing an appropriate risk posture for the investment of the Portfolio
- Specifying the target asset allocation policy
- Establishing investment guidelines regarding the selection of investment managers, permissible securities, and diversification of assets
- Specifying the criteria for evaluating the performance of the Portfolio's assets
- Defines the responsibilities of the Investment Committee, Advisor, and Investment Manager(s).
- Encourages effective communication between the Investment Manager(s), the Advisor, and the Investment Committee.
This IPS is intended to be a summary of investment philosophy and the procedures that provide guidance for the Investment Committee. The investment policies described in this IPS should be dynamic. These policies should reflect the Investment Committee’s current status and philosophy regarding the investment of the Portfolio. These policies will be reviewed and revised periodically to ensure they adequately reflect any changes related to the Portfolio, the Investment Committee, or the capital markets.