The Jewish Community Foundation of the West (JCFW) is a 501(c)(3) organization that has been assisting organizations and individuals with their philanthropy for over twenty years.
A volunteer board of directors and an Executive Director lead our operations. We offer professionally managed donor advised funds and endowments through Graystone investors, a branch of Morgan Stanley investment corporation.
A low initial investment to begin a fund. For donor advised funds, a $1000 investment is required, and for an endowment, $10,000. Funds with balances below $500,000 are charged 1.25%. Fees are decreased as balances grow.
Define Your Philanthropic Path
Our JCFW’s Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor will be available to provide an extensive explanation of the 5 JCFW portfolios when a Donor Advised Fund, Organizational Endowment, or a personal Endowment is established.
Understanding the JCFW’s Investment Policy
- Establishes the Investment Committee's expectations, objectives, and guidelines in the investment of the 5 Portfolio's assets.
- Creates the framework for a well-diversified asset mix that can be expected to generate acceptable long-term returns at a level of risk suitable to the Investment Committee.
- Describes an appropriate risk posture for the investment of the Portfolio.
- Specifies the target asset allocation policy.
- Establishes investment guidelines regarding the selection of investment managers, permissible securities, and diversification of assets.
- Specifies the criteria for evaluating the performance of the Portfolio's assets.
- Defines the responsibilities of the Investment Committee, Advisor, and Investment Manager(s).
- Encourages effective communication between the Investment Manager(s), the Advisor, and the Investment Committee.